02 July 2008

Wednesday Night

Thanks for the nice comments on my fused glass plate. You are very kind. :-) I think glass fusing is one of those things where you can make something that looks pretty good even if your talents are limited!

On other creative fronts, I've posted another story on LiveJournal, and I'm finishing up a fun little knitted project. I'll fill you in on the details and post pix when it's done.

Thing 1 made it back from camp. She had a great time, and sustained only minor injuries. She received a certificate for being the "Most Athletic," which actually isn't surprising for her, but is seriously ironic for my offspring. She lost her backpack and disposable camera, but both were found. She got a sunburn on her nose (despite the sunscreen I packed). She decided, after discussing the matter with the other 4th graders in her cabin, that she now needs a bra. :-)

We're down to our last couple days in Portland. I have managed to make 4 separate trips to Powell's this time, including 3 different locations (I went to the main downtown one twice). And tonight I went to this place, because it's one of those stores I've passed a zillion times (it's a block from Powell's), and always been curious about, but never managed to visit. Turns out it's way fun (I scored glow in the dark skull and crossbones stockings!), and the heavily pierced and tattooed sales staff are really chirpy and nice. Who knew?

1 comment:

Knatolee said...

My word!! I'm all sweaty and it's only 7:15 am! ;)

I think you need a skull and crossbones tattoo.

And glad that Thing 1 had fun at camp! I didn't get a bra until grade 7 and I nearly died when I realized I'd have to wear one of these things for the rest of my life. It felt like a tourniquet around my chest. I was seriously depressed! I soon got used to it. :)