I used to also keep a journal of sorts, and, as a self-prompting exercise, each entry would include just the first sentence of a story. Some of those sentences eventually made their way into stories I wrote. Most didn't.
So...I thought maybe I'd try to get some creative juices flowing again, and maybe I'd start with those old sentences. Here's the deal: I'm going to write 5 of those sentences below. You vote in the comments for one. Whichever gets the most votes by September 6 gets turned into an actual story. I have no idea yet where any of these sentences will go. So, folks, please. Vote and inspire me. :-)
- She had her own web page.
- He was going to have to start over.
- As always, she burned her tongue drinking her hot chocolate.
- Nick Ford was stopped at a red light on Ninth Street when he decided to become a woman.
- I wouldn't have done it under normal circumstances.