- I am currently mourning the near-end of the summer. Although I am not mourning Thing 1's return to school on Monday. And lest I seem cruel, I'll point out that she's anxious for school to start, too.
- Thing 1's feet are now only 1 size smaller than mine, so she has been stealing my shoes all summer. I don't mind as long as she sticks to the flip-flops.
- A few months ago, I began making a concentrated effort to Eat Healthy. I'm eating way more fruits and veggies, and way less fat, carbs, and processed crap. I've lost over 20 pounds and I have a lot more energy. And I don't feel deprived. Still, I've decided to reward myself soon, I think with a new pair of shoes. I've wanted a pair of Docs for some time, but the question is which one: these are awfully cute, but I kinda like these too, or maybe these? I told you I've reverted to my punk period.
- My co-authors and I finished the second draft of the Textbook We've Been Working on Forever. Hallelujah! And next week I'll complete the line editing for a chapter I wrote for someone else's book. My desk will be momentarilly cleared of writing projects, just in time for the new semester.
- I haven't been knitting. Dunno why, really. I have been reading, though. Specifically, I've gotten myself hooked on the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series. I just finished the 9th book in the series. They're perfect summer reading, for me: just enough blood and monsters, and minimal intellectual value. My only complaint is that the editor deserves to be shot with a silver bullet or something; there are an inordinate number of typos and grammar errors, as well some minor but annoying plot holes. Argh.
- Remember how I gradually worked my way through all 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Well, I'm now in the last season of Angel. Then I'm going to have to pick another series to watch (although Season 2 of Dexter comes out next week). I haven't watched any actual tv since the writers' strike. And I am sad, sad that nobody commented on the Spike doll I knitted. :-(
- We drove down to San Diego a couple weeks ago, and visited Legoland and Seaworld. It was fun. The weather was perfect, as it nearly always is there. Here's Thing 2 at Seaworld and Thing 1 at Legoland.
So there's a quicky update, and I promise not to disappear again for so long, if you all will just do me the favor of leaving a quick comment, so I know I'm not just writing to myself. :-)