14 May 2009



Last night was the last ceramics class until fall. I had two things to bring home. A spider tile:
I like it because I actually drew the spider, which is the limit of my drawing ability. And a sun:
Four of the rays had fallen off by the time it was bisque fired. So I glazed them separately, knowing I could glue them on later. And even though I used the same glaze on everything, as you can see, 3 of the rays turned out a totally different color. I guess they were in different spot in the kiln. In any case, I really like the the end result anyway, so it was a happy accident.
I plan to sign up again in the fall.

4 comments:

Giuli said...

Dephal, I like the spider!!! Seems so real!!
Greeting from Italy

Phyllis said...

Grazie, Giuli! I'm glad it actually looks like a spider. :-)

chaoskir said...

See? I knew you can do great ceramic things. I like both, the spider and the sun. My favorite is the sund though.
chaoskir

chaoskir said...

I know sun is without a "d". *lol* Sorry.