07 September 2005

Major gloat time!




Last week, I received an email from KnitPicks about a surprise package they were sending to a few customers so we could see the new fall yarns. "How nice!" I thought. "They're sending me color cards." Well, the box arrived today, and it certainly looked too big for color cards.








Hmmm! What's inside??

Wow!!!

The booty:

I know this is very smart marketing by KnitPicks. It's reminiscent of the tactics used by drug dealers. You know, "Here kid! Just try some! It's free!"

But I don't care.

I'm sure the marketing will work and I will order some of this yarn. In the meantime, I can decide what to do with a bunch of single balls. The package did include a pattern for a 1-ball scarf. And now that I have been appropriately bribed, I can still truthfully attest that these yarns are very nice. The green one at the front right is Ambrosia, a baby alpaca-cashmere blend, and it's especially yummy.

I'm not sure why I got the free yarn. I've only ordered from KnitPicks maybe 3 times, most recently in June, and I haven't spent a fortune there. My Mon, who's also ordered from them, didn't get free yarn. Maybe I'm just lucky. Maybe I'm just obviously a sucker for their ploy. I don't care. I'm just going to gloat for a while.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Knatolee said...

Oh my GOD! I wish Knitpicks loved ME, too!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely no fair to those of us who order from KnitPicks and didn't get squat. I am so jealous. I love the alpaca crack. If you love it that much after you've worked with it, I may have to order some.

(sniff sniff why not meeeee?)

Phyllis DeGioia