27 March 2006

Monday Morning

Outside my window is a tall evergreen tree. Everytime the wind gusts this morning, thick clouds of pollen are just pouring off it. Hack, cough, sneeze.

Whatever you do, do not begin the Google image quiz. You will instantly be sucked in, and will require emergency assistance to disconnect. Via Boing Boing. Also via Boing Boing, What Kind of American English Do You Speak? (I'm 65% General American, 20% Upper Midwestern, and the rest is mixed. I guess this makes sense; my first 9 years were spent in Illinois, and the rest of my life has been spent in Oregon, Nebraska, and California.)

And, via NotMartha, felted fortune cookies!

7 comments:

Peg said...

Oh, that blogthings site is devious!

Peg, about to post her 'sell-out' price on her own blog

Phyllis said...

Don't say I didn't warn you!

And my sell out price was just over $333k. I won't mention which iten I said "yes" to! ;-)

Peg said...

You don't have to - we know!

Phyllis said...

Well, it certainly wasn't running a dog over with my car!

Knatolee said...

Okay, I'm Canadian, so what the hell do these results mean?

40% General American English
30% Yankee
15% Dixie
10% Upper Midwestern
5% Midwestern

Btw, I wasted way too much time on that image quiz. And I completely sucked at it!

Peg said...

Those results mean that your command of American English is influenced entirely by the Internet company you keep!

Crowzma said...

You're evil. Evil. I don't have time for this!!! 50% General American English, 35% Yankee, 15% Dixie and that's without two of the questions even offering what I call something.

And I double sucked at the image test and still can't stop.

I have a headache. Y'all got that? I've got me a bleedin' git of a headache! What kind of English is that? (I'm off to knit and sip from my mug ... ah... zen!)