28 March 2006

Tuesday Miscellany

My brother sent me a link to the Badger Song. I don't pretend to understand it.

The U.S. Supreme Court has refused to hear a case in which Florida lawyers were disciplined for using a pitbull as their law firm's logo. According to the Florida Supreme Court, the discipline was allowed because the firm's advertisements "demean all lawyers and thereby harm both the legal profession and the public's trust and confidence in our system of justice." Ha ha ha!!

Forensic pathologist Cyril Wecht has resigned as coroner after allegations that he misused county funds. Whether or not he actually misused the funds, this guy can write a killer letter.

I just finished reading a book that simultaneously fascinated me and creeped me out: Parasite Rex. I had no idea how important and ubiquitous parasites are. And the things they can do--like mind control!

If ever felines take over the world (as I have no doubt they are plotting to do) these people will be the first to go.

2 comments:

Knatolee said...

Okay, a couple of things. Right now I am illustrating a scene for my friend's kids' book about a Western Diamondback rattlesnake. The scene involves a badger being bitten by the snake. And here you post a link to a song regarding badgers, a mushroom and a snake. Coincidence? I think not.

Next, I have a library hold on Parasite Rex! Great minds think alike. Or something.

Phyllis said...

This is a little spooky. Maybe it's because we're equally quirky. You'll love the parasite book. And I think in the scene you're illustrating, there ought to be a mushroom.