08 December 2006

Socks done


I finally finished this pair of socks. The pattern is Butterfly Bows from Socks Socks Socks, but I added a fur cuff. The sock's knitted in Regia 4-ply with a Berroco Sizzle Bright cuff. These are going to a family member who has much longer feet than I do, so they took me longer to knit and they look sort of dorky on my home-made sock blocker. But I'm pleased with the result. I think they look festive. :-)

Winter Knitty is up today. Lots of cute patterns, but not, of course, my own Solresol. But I've put a permanent link to Solresol here, off in the left-hand column. And the Berroco email I got today had a link to free patterns for very cute tiger and dog puppets. Susan, it's supposed to be a Siberian tiger! Also a pattern for catnip mice, but who really needs a pattern for that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute socks and thanks for the heads up on the winter knitty. I'll have to head on over and check it out!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME socks! I love the colour and the fringe.

ANd no Solresol pattern because they are STOOOOOOOOOOOPID! STOOOOOOOOPID!

sibtigre2 said...

Beautiful socks!

Siberian Tiger you say? I may have to go check that out! :)

Phyllis said...

Thanks, guys! I'm not usually a huge fan of pink or fur yarns, but well, sometimes it just works. :-)

And thanls, Knat. :-)