Today we did escape to Berkeley for a few hours. It was a pretty day there, low 60's and sunny. We visited Black Oak Books and then we ate at Saul's, a deli on Shattuck. This is is the area known as the Gourmet Ghetto. Quite a few people were picnicking today in the grass in the median strip down the middle of Shattuck.
I guess because I'm just generally tired and stressed lately, people are ticking me off. Among the latest miscreants:
- everybody who attempts to drive while yack yack yacking on their phones
- the woman yesterday at the post office who saw the loooong line of cars waiting for a parking spot, walked ever so slowly to her car, and then sat there and read her mail
- students who repeatedly miss class and then email me to ask questions I've already answered in class
- academic administrators
- the postal service--or maybe it's customs--which is taking frigging forever to get me packages from overseas
- people who walk into my office, see me trying to do 4 things at once, and then ask, "Are you busy?"