26 October 2008

Happy Birthday Ruthie!

Thing 1 isn't the only October birthday girl around here--Ruthie turned 10 on Friday! I tried to get a pic of her, but she was more interested in sitting on my feet. Thus, this crappy portrait:


You'll have to take my word for it that she looks very pretty, having been groomed on Monday. Ten is a pretty ripe old age for a Saint, but, other than arthritis in one hind leg, she's doing well. And, happily, Ruthie did not request a slumber party for her birthday (although she sure did enjoy Thing 1's).

I'm finding it hard to believe it's nearly Halloween. It's been in the mid 80's, so the kids are still running around in shorts, and we had dinner tonight on the back patio. Not that I'm complaining. One year when we lived in Nebraska, the mayor of Lincoln cancelled Halloween because there was a blizzard!

I spent the day grading mid-terms. You have no idea how many wrong ways there are to spell catharsis.

3 comments:

Reillybug said...

Happy Birthday Ruthie!!!!

Southern Latitudes said...

Happy Birthday RUTHIE!!!!

Much love & scritches to you.

Knatolee said...

Oh belated happy birthday!! I can't believe she's TEN. She looks just great.

And let's see... katharziz?