I should note that this vest was completed amid some personal suffering. The entire vest and armholes have 2 rounds of crochet edging, and I'm not a crochet fan. And, what I was telling myself was simply allergies or the effects of the smoke in the air (there's another fire to the west, adding more blech to the valley air), is now, undeniably, a cold.
09 September 2007
Today I finished the vest for afghans for Afghans. I used a variety of yarns from my stash--some green and black New Zealand wool, some pink and orange Lorna's Laces Bullfrogs and Butterflies, some black cherry Kool-Aid dyed, and some Peruvian hand-dyed purple. I like the sort of stained glass effect of the front. Here's Thing 1 modeling the front and Thing 2 modeling the back.