08 December 2008

Literary Efforts

I am trying to wade through 37 term papers on serial killers and mobsters. But the Things have graced me with much more interesting reading material. First, a story Thing2 wrote today at kindergarten, all by herself:

ONes A PONNA TiM sAr WAS A PONE NAMeD [THing2] AND SAr WAS A PONE NAMeD SPCKOLS. IF YOU. No SPorcKoLS iNttrrupt.


T2 is in bed now so I'll have to wait for the explanation of who Sparkles the Pony interrupted, or was interrupted by. T2 recently attended a birthday party that involved pony rides, so ponies have been much on her mind.

And here's a note that Thing1 left on our bed last night:

Dear Mom and Dad,
I want to go to camp again. I want to be surrounded by Jews, not
Christians! Sorry, ran out of ink [she changed from pink to red]. Anyway, what I
am saying is ever since first grade I have been the ONLY Jewish kid in the
class. And I am not sure about pre-school and kindergarten because I don't
remember. And I don't think anybody in school likes me because 3 reasons: #1
Nobody sits next to me on the bus. #2 Nobody ever pays attention to me. #3 I
can't think of number three. So I want to stay at camp for 3 weeks so you guys
can send letters to me.
Love,
Jewish [Thing1]
P.S. p.s. stands for post script.


Poor kid. We're not at all observant, but I guess it sucks when you're the only one not celebrating Christmas. Well, you and the Sikh kid or two in your class. As for the nobody liking her, this is a child who spent the entire weekend at her friend's house.

Okay, back to serial killers....

4 comments:

Knatolee said...

That T2, I love her literary talent!

Poor T1, she's a tortured soul... :)

mim said...

Thanks for posting your Things writings. They remind me of ones I received years ago and still cherish. As for being the only one, I remember that feeling, ditto our kids. It builds character, for sure.

Anonymous said...

Love those letters of your kids!
And yes, it is a cruel world ;-))

Eve

Phyllis said...

Yes, poor poor T1 leads a hard, hard life.