11 July 2006

I Scream

Okay, I have a new favorite ice cream: creme fraiche. I had some at The Slanted Door in San Francisco and decided to make my own. I ended up improvising a bit from a few recipes I found online. Here's what I came up with:

Creme Fraiche Ice Cream
2 cups creme fraiche
2 cups 2% buttermilk
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
juice of one lemon (about 1/4 cup)

Whirl in blender until smooth. Chill for a couple of hours, and then pour into ice cream maker.

Seriously, I could overdose on this stuff. I'm sure it'd be delicious with cherries or berries or chocolate on top, but at this point I'm mainlining it.

I'm working on a knitting project, too, but it's going slowly because hubby's painting the kitchen, and I get to be his assistant. That means that as soon as I'm settled comfortably on the couch with my knitting, he needs another brush or more tape or something, and up I get. Oh well, at least I don't have to paint, and the kitchen looks really great. Instead of white, it's now a light terra cotta color. Pictures to come.

No comments: