31 July 2006

This 'n' That

  • I went to the dr. today because my hand's been bothering me. He's pretty sure I have both carpal tunnel syndrome and tendonitis. He gave me an anti-inflamatory for the tendonitis, and we'll be scheduling a test for the carpal tunnel. I was kind of bad, though, because I told him I spend a lot of time writing and typing, but I sorta didn't mention knitting. I didn't want him to tell me I couldn't. Yes, I know, very mature of me, but sometimes I prefer to live in denial. Actually, knitting doesn't bother my hand anyway, so I think it's probably okay.
  • You know how I mentioned humungo bees in my last post? I saw my first one of the season the other day, buzzing around my head as I was on the back patio. These guys (actually, this one was a girl) are amazing--you look at them and think there's no way they could actually fly, but they do. They're like something out of a cartoon. Also buzzing around yesterday was a large red dragonfly. The Things were in the pool, and the dragonfly was delighting both of them by zooming right over their heads.
  • Anybody know anything about bed sheets? I'd like to buy some nicely luxurious ones, but don't want to spend $800. I know thread count matters, but that can't be all, right? Because Target has 600-thread count sheets on sale for $30 this week, and that seems way too cheap. What's the deal?
  • I want one of these. Which is stupid, because it's not like I spend much time in the laundry room. Still.
  • I got a new camera phone. I haven't figured out how to use it yet. I haven't even activated it yet. But I'm enjoying looking at it and thinking about how sci-fi the whole concept feels.
  • I suddenly really, really want a Print Gocco. But apparently they're not being made anymore, so if you want one, you'll have to pay someone way too much on eBay. There is a Save Gocco campaign. Maybe if enough people sign the guestbook they'll bring it back. Spread the word!

No comments: