While I was in Portland, I learned of a new yarn called "Meditation", by Skacel. It's infused with lavender scent so you get aromatherapy while you knit, and the scent is supposed to last through 40 washes. It's a pretty ribbon yarn. WEBS carries it, so I'm thinking I may need to give it a try, maybe for a sort of plain sleeveless shell. Plus, I understand Austermann makes a sock yarn infused with jojoba and aloe.
Thing 1 continues to amaze me with her ability to ask difficult questions in the car. Yesterday during a 15 minute drive she managed to ask:
- Is there such thing as God?
- Why don't some people believe in God?
- Was he the first person?
- Did he create the universe?
- Did he pour that stuff into space that makes you float?
[At this point I explained the concept of gravity]
- Did God make gravity?
- Is gravity in the middle of the planet?
- What's the biggest planet in the universe?
- Is Pluto the smallest planet?
- What would happen if she jumped up on Pluto?
- Why isn't earth the biggest planet?
Maybe I'm inadequate as a parent, but I found it a bit taxing to navigate in traffic while teaching theology, psychology, physics, and astronomy to a 6 year old.