- They have a really nice selection of things to please just about anyone on you list. I'm drooling over the Peruvian vitro glass jewelry, but there's lots and lots of other nice stuff.
- They have yarn! Including banana fiber and recycled sari.
- Their prices are very good.
- They're having a special now: $1 shipping on all US orders. They ship internationally, too, for $9.95 per order.
- For every purchase you make, food will be donated to the hungry (the site keeps track of how many cups)
- Many of the goods offered for sale are fair-trade or the products of cooperative efforts
- You can add to your shopping cart donations such as sending girls in Afghanistan to school ($20), stuffed bears for AIDS orphans in Africa ($15), or a feeding kit for infants in Niger ($20)
If world hunger isn't your cause of choice, you can order instead via one of their sister sites: The Breast Cancer Site, the Child Health Site, the Literacy Site, the Rainforest Site, and the Animal Rescue Site.
I ordered a bunch of stuff from them last year and was very pleased with the quick shipping.
Okay, commercial over.