16 June 2007

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Hah! Did I just stick a John Denver song in your head?? [insert evil laugh here]

Anyway, in the morning the Things and I are off for 2 weeks visiting my family in Oregon. Hubby will be holding down the fort (and, I hope, finishing some of the things on his to-do list) while we're gone. I can blog from there, but my camera doesn't speak to my Dad's computer, so probably there will be no pictures until I get back.

Thing 1 will be attending a day camp one of the weeks, which will even include one overnight camp-out. They allow adults to chaperone, but, aside from the fact that I'll have T2 to deal with, I think a camping trip with a bunch of 7-year-olds sounds like one of the levels of Hell. Dante could've written a whole book on that one, I bet.

Incidentally, if you click here, you can see the official whale/dolphin tally from our trip last week. Look at 6/9 am. And if you compare it to other days, you can see the naturalist on-board wasn't lying when she said we'd had a good morning. Puking aside, of course. And no, I have no idea how they figure out how many dolphins there were. I just know they seemed to be everywhere around us.

No comments: