30 June 2007

Busy!

I've been too busy to blog much, but here are some of the fun things we've done in the last few days:
  • Visited Close Knit, a fantastic yarn store. It's not huge, but it's completely packed with yarn, and all the yarn is wonderful. They carry a lot of brands I rarely see, and even some that were new to me. The owner is really friendly and helpful. While we there, some vendors were there, and they and the owner had a long discussion about sustainability and happy sheep, but the owner never overlooked her customers.
  • Visited Bolt, which is next door to Close Knit. Bolt carries a great selection of fabrics.
  • Visited Body Worlds 3 at OMSI. It was very, very cool. Even Thing 1 announced that it was "more interesting than gross."
  • Visited the Stash Tea store, in which I bought lots of tea and a nifty Chinese-style tea thermos/strainer. It has a hologram in the lid and part of the procceds go to a tiger sanctuary in India.
  • Visited Council Crest, the highest point in Portland's West Hills. There were too many clouds to see the mountains, but there was still a good view. I hadn't been up there since I was in college.
  • Went to Jimmy Mak's and saw a band called Rocktet perform. The food was great and the band was fun. They did jazz versions of songs by Blondie, Led Zeppelin, and Stone Temple Pilots, as well as some songs of their own.
  • Went to Enchanted Forest. We went there last year and the kids enjoyed it, so we had a repeat visit. This time, my BIL accompanied us, which was great, because he went on all the rides with the Things.
  • Finished a knitted felted bowl with a yin-yang design. I'll post a picture after I get home, which is tomorrow evening!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you have been busy! The yarn store sounds like a good one to visit.

Knatolee said...

I'm glad you all got to see Bodyworlds! Fascinating, isn't it?

mim said...

I feel like I'm traveling along with you. I love all the information, especially about yarn shops. You are SO busy. But it sound like lots of fun. Hope your INdependence day is colorful. Oh yeah, you've been tagged. see my blog.