04 July 2007

Home

I'm tired!!

Well, maybe not as tired as my Dad's dog, Foenix, who likes to sleep in the tub.

We returned home from Oregon Sunday night, but then left for San Francisco first thing Monday morning. I'll post more pictures later, but here are a few highlights.


For about a year, someone in Portland has been chaining plastic horses to the iron rings that still exist in some neighborhoods, from when people had to tie up their (real) horses. We found this one near Northeast Alberta Street.

The next couple of pictures are from San Francisco. Even though I teach Criminal Justice, I'd never been to Alcatraz until yesterday. We lucked out with some gorgeous weather. I really enjoyed the prison tour, but here's something a bit more unexpected that we saw:


That is a baby seagull. For all the zillions of times I've been around adult gulls, I don't think I've ever seen a baby before. It was peeping cutely at its parents, which are just off-camera. Incidentally, Thing2 insists on calling these birds "eagles," much to the amusement of everyone around.

One more shot from Alcatraz:




It's a pity we don't have one of these at home. It would make time-outs much more meaningful.

I'm planning to spend the next couple of days resting and catching up on things. I'm actually going to be staying put at home for a few weeks now--maybe I can catch up on some knitting. Tomorrow I'll post a pic of the FO I made in Oregon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip! Welcome home!