27 August 2006

My Weekend.

I haven't knitted anything all weekend. Friday night hubby hosted a fantasy football draft party, and I took refuge in my bedroom, where there's no good spot to knit. I did do some junkfood reading, though: The Devil Wears Prada.

The I woke up Saturday with a head cold or sinus infection or similar misery, and I feel just too yuck to do anything, even knit. And I'm feeling sorry for myself because I have too much going on at work to call in sick tomorrow.

So instead, here are some pix of some items my Mom just made. They're all made from 100% Saint fur, and they will be auctioned off at the next Saint National, proceeds to go to rescue. Saint fur makes lovely yarn--it reminds me a lot of angora, actually.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does look a lot like angora! Beautiful knits!

Hope you feel better soon!

Knatolee said...

To my eternal shame, I have not yet knit a stitch on our drive across Canada. I am not worthy, O Knitting Goddess.

-reporting in from Timmins, Ontario, hometown of Miss Shania Twain, and the nicest Comfort Inn of our trip

Cece said...

That is neat! I guess a St. Bernard would be the perfect type of dog to get 'fleece' from to spin.

Just wanted to update you on your lace swap stuff.... I will be sending it off tomorrow. I was waiting for something to arrive in the mail for your package, and now it here! Just need to pick up your yarn, and I'm ready to get to the mailbox!

Phyllis said...

Thanks for the update, Cece! I'm looking forward to discovering my surprise. :-)