06 August 2006

Phone cozy



Here's the phone cozy. I probably could've felted it a bit more, but it fits my phone just right as is. I sewed a snap onto the i-cord so I can attach it to the purse.

I used it today, and I'm very pleased with it. Of course, the purse hasn't yet had the chance to accumulate all the crap that purses seem to accumulate, plus nobody called me today, so I don't know for sure how well my diving-phone solution will work.

Oh, and in case any of you want to attempt your own cozy: CO 30. Knit 26 rows in stockinette stitch. BO 27 stitches. Put last 3 stitches onto dbl point needle and work i-cord for about 3 inches. BO. Fold rectangle in half and seam botton and side. Weave in ends. Felt. Sew snap onto end of i-cord and top edge of cozy, right near i-cord base.

4 comments:

Knatolee said...

LOVE the phone cozy!
I am currently sitting on our rooftop deck with a laptop, using some stranger's wireless connection. Naughty!

Anonymous said...

Nice phone cozy! I love the colors you picked. That would stand out well in my purse, which is a sea of black and tan in a blue and brown world.

KNat, if the people you're stealing access from aren't smart enough to lock it down, you're perfectly within your right to use it. That's how both my mother and sister get their internet access, and I really don't think there's anything wrong with it. Of course our connection is locked down tight as can be...

Becky said...

Hey, a fellow Central California knitter!! I really like your color choice on your new bag. I'm thinkin' I need a cell phone cozy too :)

Phyllis said...

Hi Becky! We could start a Central Californian trend for phone cozies! ;-)