06 September 2006

Wednesday Links

A few interesting links for Wednesday:
  • Save the Children's website has a Caps to the Capital page. It has information on how you can donate knitted or crocheted hats for newborns. They want the hats by January 2, so get knitting! I'm a slow knitter, but even I can finish one of these in an evening, and it's a good way to use leftover yarn. The site has patterns.
  • Knit Like a Pirate
  • Yarnival! A blog carnival of knitting sites.
  • Flying Spaghetti Monster hat
  • I've previously posted links to knitted items that lok like pastries. Well. Clare Crespo's book Hey There, Cupcake! has (edible) cupcakes that look like balls of yarn.
  • I've bought several items from vendors at Etsy lately, and been completely pleased. In particular, check out LingGlass (I could buy everything she makes, but so far have confined myself to one necklace), Penny Lane Designs (beautiful hand-dyed yarn), and Karma's Kreations (my sister's shop!).

No comments: