1. I was born in Illinois, but only lived there until I was 8.
2. I am an Aries, born in the Chinese Year of the Ram.
3. I have a JD and a PhD and have finally paid off my student loans.
4. If I could pick any job in the world, I'd pick Successful Writer.
5. I like to look myself up on Amazon.
6. My combined Amazon and Powells wish lists are over 200 items long.
7. I am addicted to buying books and yarn.
8. My mother taught me to knit when I was 17.
9. I never learned to tie shoelaces properly; I can only use bunny ears.
10. For almost a decade, I have not eaten mammals, reptiles, or ducks.
11. I still eat fish, chicken, and turkey.
12. My favorite cuisines are Indian and Thai.
13. I like making lists.
14. I love to travel.
15. My first trip outside the US (unless you count Tijuana when I was 3) was when I was 33.
16. I have studied 6 languages other than English, but I'm only fluent in English.
17. I hate being an obvious tourist when I travel.
18. I tend to plan things well in advance.
19. I'm good at meeting deadlines.
20. I used to procrastinate, but now I do less often.
21. I can't stand to eat scallops.
22. I wish I could sing well.
23. I wish I could draw or paint well.
24. I hate how my ears stick out.
25. I have naturally curly hair.
26. I always wanted 2 children.
27. Most of my pets have been named after Supreme Court justices.
28. When I was little, my favorite tv program was Emergency!
29. I've read almost all of Stephen King's books.
30. Isabel Allende is one of my favorite contemporary authors.
31. Mark Twain is one of my favorite dead authors.
32. I would get a tattoo if I could decide on something good enough to permanently imprint on myself.
33. I hate going to the dentist.
34. I am pretty far to the left, politically.
35. I am just a shade over five feet tall.
36. I don't wish I was taller, but do wish I was thinner.
37. I have an abnormally narrow spinal column, according to my MRI.
38. I cannot roll my r's.
39. My favorite flavors are caramel, lemon, sour cream, and pomegranate--but not all at once.
40. Sometimes I like to cook.
41. I have never been athletic.
42. I hardly ever watch network tv.
43. I do like to watch tv or movies while I knit.
44. I get annoyed when people mispunctuate or are grammatically incorrect in their writing.
45. My dream travel destinations are Bhutan, Botswana, and the Galapagos Islands.
46. I think I would have enjoyed being an anthropologist.
47. I have spent almost my whole life in school as either a student or a professor.
48. My first job was at McDonalds.
49. I was once robbed at gunpoint while working at a deli.
50. I remain very calm in emergencies.
51. I am mildly claustrophobic.
52. I am also mildly phobic of heights, but only over water.
53. I am a poor swimmer.
54. I owned a boa constrictor named Carlos for several years.
55. I lived in Nebraska for 5 years when I was in graduate school.
56. My earliest memory was making a cake with my grandmother.
57. I love the smell of coffee, but rarely drink it.
58. I love to shop at office supply stores.
59. I owned a '55 Ford pickup for several years.
60. My first car was a '71 Dodge Dart.
61. Now I drive an Acura SUV.
62. I rarely wear makeup.
63. I buy a lot of soaps.
64. My favorite dessert is cheesecake.
65. My childhood wasn't even remotely dysfunctional.
66. I tend to have eclectic tastes in almost everything.
67. I listen to a lot of NPR.
68. I never learned to type properly.
69. I am a night person.
70. I like to stay in hotels.
71. I tend to be quiet in social situtaions, until I know the people well.
72. I like to sleep in a cold room.
73. I like to spend time with my parents.
74. I wish I were more patient.
75. I'm not very good at doing nothing.
76. I think I have a strange sense of humor.
77. I have way more yarn than I need.
78. I've had a web page since 1994.
79. I like to try new things.
80. I met my husband when I was 15.
81. I like to garden, but don't have much time to do it.
82. I own a lot of cobalt blue glass.
83. I am especially pleased that Daughter #1 loves to read.
84. I am an extremely easy person to shop for.
85. When I was in high school, I wished I was more popular.
86. I broke my little toe at summer camp when I was 9.
87. I almost always wear flat shoes.
88. I have blue eyes.
89. I love to do craft projects with my kids.
90. I almost named my older daughter Etana.
91. When I got married, I kept my last name, and took my husband's last name as my middle name. This confuses people.
92. I love to visit the ocean.
93. I don't understand really religious people.
94. I have never had a speeding ticket, although I drive fairly fast.
95. I am exceedingly trustworthy.
96. Sometimes I get tired of having too many responsibilities.
97. I don't want to not have pets.
98. I have to make myself only read one book at a time, and only work on one knitting project at a time.
99. Sometimes I don't feel like a grownup.
100. I am currently putting off doing actual work.